There is something to be said about massage, the joy it brings to the recipient. Would you like to be a better masseuse to your man? All it takes is a little knowledge about massage to truly make the activity more enjoyable, sensual and beneficial for the both of you.
A good rubdown is to make the other person being relieved from stress and be able to channel positive energy. Your ability to rollover these two things into a one soothing massage will show how much you care.
- Before proceeding with a massage, the environment should be relaxing in every way possible. Make sure no one interrupts the session which include pets and children. Be certain to use quiet places for massages. If you have lots of noise from traffic or screaming from next door, it will be hard for people to relax. This will help your level of relaxation during the process. And the setting should be clean and free from clutter. Pull down the shades and dim the lights. You can also light scented candles for a more intimate experience.
- Play a relaxing music on the background. You can play a track of zen music or instrumental compositions for this purpose. Music therapy has beneficial effects on a person's physiological functions. It slows down the heart and pulse rate, lowers blood pressure and decrease stress hormone levels.
- Be equipped.
- Prepare towels or blankets. This is very important. Towels are used to cover the areas that have already been massaged. This is to keep the body heat from escaping the body without leaving the other person chilly.
- Prepare lubricants. Preferably massage oils because they’re great for skin and lasts longer than lotion does. Using massage oils will minimize friction between the hands and the skin, allowing the former to glide more smoothly than lotions and gels could. The most recommended massage oils are
- Sweet almond oil - a great emollient, which soothes and softens the skin, and also relieves muscle ache and pain.
- Fractionated coconut oil - contains medium-chain triglycerides which reduces density and thickness making it smooth, relaxing and light. It also acts as an excellent skin moisturizer keeping your skin fresh and rejuvenated. It also has the ability to get absorbed by the skin easily. Fractionated coconut oil also acts as a great carrier oil. It is not advisable to use a pure grade essential oil directly on skin as it can cause skin irritations and severe skin damage. A carrier oil, like a fractionated coconut oil can be used to transfer the benefits of the pure essential oil inside the body without causing any harm. It is less pricey than the sweet almond oil.
- Jojoba oil -is thought to have antibacterial property and can be beneficial to those who have back acne problems. The skin can also quickly absorb this oil and has long shelf life which is a better choice if you don't use it frequently. It also hydrates the skin and is a good carrier oil.
Use a spare towel to wipe off excess oil that have not been absorbed by the body. Also make sure that you have something to drink as people tend to become thirsty (and hungry) after a good massage. You can serve any of our recommended teas: chamomile tea, jasmine tea, peppermint tea, lemongrass and lavender tea.
These tips and tricks have been gathered to ensure that you and your man can fully enjoy the benefits of a soothing and relaxing massage.
Share this post
- Tags: carrier ols, coconut oils, essential oils, fractionated coconut oil, good massage, jojoba oil, massage oils, relaxing massage, soothing massage, sweet almond oil